Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year



Hello everyone! Happy New Year!!! Hope you all had an amazing New Year's Eve. It's been a while since my last blogpost, but taking a short break helped me realize many important things. One of which is that fashion blogging is my passion. I also made some new year's resolutions, of course. The biggest goal for this years is to work on my blog and have more subscribers. I have a specific number in mind but I will tell you when the website reaches the number. Then, I have smaller goals like not to leave dirty dishes in the sink. I always used to keep the kitchen clean, but for the past two years I somehow adapted this bad habit. It all started with leaving my morning coffee cup in the sink. And that's where it took off.
 
Speaking of coffee cups, I think I can claim that I am caffeine free now. Yay! Well, not entirely though. I drink green tea which has a little caffeine. I meant to say that I quit coffee, my biggest weakness. But, maaan, I gotta tell you that was tough. I literally experienced serious withdrawal symptoms. For those of you, coffee addicts, my suggestion is to do it slowly by reducing the amount little by little. The way I did wasn't the best way, and it all because I wanted to quit and be free before 2014. So the first four mournings I had to go back to bed because my heartbeat was escalating and I was having a headache. And throughout the day I felt kinda dizzy and all I could think was coffee. On the first day of quitting coffee I couldn't hold myself. I went to Starbucks and got  a short pike (my recent discovery that a "short" size is smaller than the small size cup), but then the next morning I promised myself that I will not drink.
 
I was determined, so I didn't drink any. Ever since I haven't had any coffee. Today is my 7th day.  I've been drinking coconut milk instead. Now I feel much better, the symptoms subsided. From now on, coffee will be my treat when I meat up with friends or on special occasions, but definitely not an everyday thing. It seems like a small achievement, but to me it's huuuge. If I was able to stop drinking coffee I feel like I can do anything. Oh, by the way, I also stopped consuming milk and all dairy products. Surprisingly, it was easy:)
 
Another, small resolution for this year is to become better at using makeup. Specifically, master the cat eye makeup look. I think "cat eyes" look good on anyone when done right. I already practiced a little today:) There are also many small resolutions I have on my list. Is there a bad habit that you would like to get rid of? or is there a new habit that you wish to adopt? We as human beings should always work on improving no matter where we stand. Have a wonderful year filled with love, joy and kindness. And I will do my best to provide with the best content and be here on www.styletoscha.blogpost.com and on www.thehappyhandsandfeet.com to remind you to stay on course. Best of luck and I'll see you soon!
 
Mandees dress, Naturalizer shoes, my friend Becca's bracelet (forgot the brand), it looks amazing though. The head piece is my winter jackets collar:))
 
Note: this post has been posted on www.thehappyhandsandfeet.com (my another blog)
 
xo,
 
Toscha


No comments:

Post a Comment