Sunday, December 15, 2013

My Skincare Routine



Hi guys! Hope you are enjoying your weekend which is almost over. Probably, you are all busy gift shopping and getting ready for Christmas. As you see, this post  is not going to be on styling and fashion. This is my everyday skincare routine. I thought why not share it, some of you might benefit from this post.

But, I don't want you to think that what works for me will work for you. We all have different types of skin, therefore one type of skincare routine does not work for all. With that being said, I would still like to share what works for me, because some of these products might help you to find that product you've been looking for. So, these are the products I've been religiously using for the past 3-4 years.

As you can guess by looking at the products, I have a sensitive/oily/acne-prone skin. Acne is a huuuge problem and it is also a huuuge topic to discuss. There are many factors that causes acne. It might be stress, environment, diet, hormonal changes etc. For that I will write another article with more in-depth details.

For now, I will just cover what I do everyday to keep it under control. Strangely enough, I even get compliments on my skin. It looks good, but it's because I take good care of it or it's better to say, I've found the products that really work for my skin. But, there've been times when I struggled to clear my acne in the past.

I use Clinique's 3 Step Acne Solutions products which consist of cleansing foam, clarifying lotion and clearing moisturizer. In addition to these products I use Clinique All About Eyes Rich eye cream, Olay hydrating moisturizer, and I use Clinique's Take The Day Off make-up remover when I wear make-up. Yep, I am a CLinique fan big time! My skin loves most of their products.

So, I wash my face twice daily: in the morning, and in the evening. First thing I do is wash my hands with soap, because I wanna make sure that my hands are clean bore I touch my face. 

       1. I remove my eye make-up
2. Then I gently (feather-like touches) wash my face with room-temperature warm  water using Clinique's face foam.
3. After I dry my face by gently touching my face with a clean towel (people with sensitive skin, have your own face towel), I apply a small amount of this lotion on a cotton ball and gently rub it onto your face. Very gently!
4. After a 1-2 minutes I apply Acne Solution's clearing moisturizer

5. Right after the moisturizer is absorbed I apply a generous amount of Olay hydrating cream all over my face. The best cream evah! If your skin is hydrated it will stay young and supple longer.


6. Then I moisturize my eyes by using my ring finger, because the skin around our eyes is very fragile and our ring finger is considered to be the weakest so It won't put too much pressure on the skin around eyes.

Hope it helps some of you in your search. Please, ask if you have any questions. I will do my best to answer them promptly. Have a good day/night. See you guys soon!

Disclaimer: This is not an endorsement and I'm not getting paid to do this. This is genuine information based on my own experience. Although, I wouldn't mind endorsing the products that I believe to be beneficial.

Note: This post has been posted on www.thehappyhandsandfeet.com

xo,

Toscha

No comments:

Post a Comment